I cooked for myself today since Mall had a meeting and couldn’t make it to brunch. Got to hang out with Santi, catch up on the happenings in the teen’s class (several have bar muscle-ups, all have incredibly high box jumps and pull-ups, and one girl is a freaking monster!), and talked about working out at school for a bit. He was shocked when I said I never skipped a day of Bill’s programming, since apparently a lot of the competitors have/do. I guess it never crossed my mind I could because I have a set goal, and understand half of the journey is planning and mental. I feel like defying that schedule, that routine- although I would probably not be losing gains out the wazoo- would be letting myself down in a way.
Afterwards, I went out, bought groceries for breakfast and lunch- sausage, almond butter, bananas, gala apples, eggs, chicken, mushrooms, peppers- did my spice thing in a pan with some white whine, coriander and cumin, olive oil, garlic and when I came home, relaxed. That is until my skyped TA meeting took over, I scrambled together some bio homework, put on my face and dress, and will be leaving for the charity event in an hour or so. Busy busy!
Also thank you so, so, so much for your support regarding the chem thing last night- I found a bus that will bring me back to Ithaca at 4:15 am, so I’ll be able to make it to the stupid lab in time. Faith in the institution? Shattered. Faith in myself and my determination? Restored.
This morning I WODed with some friendly faces, had the highest girl’s weight of the day, and frankly impressed myself.
- Stretches- toe on the box quad stretch, pigeon, good mornings, high elbows in the rack making and releasing tension in the shoulders
- 4 rounds: 5 hang squat cleans increasing in weight (35,55,75,95 lb), 7 alternating jumping lunges, 200 m Run
- Cool-down: biking to the train station, for groceries, and home
5 rounds of every 3 minutes: (15:00)
- 12 Hang Power Cleans (rX 115 lb> 100 lb)
- 12 Front Squats
- The first 2 rounds I finished unbroken in less than 1 minute at 95 lb, so Santi and Lucas made me go up in weight. That extra 5 lb was evil, holy moly.
- Nearly everyone went down in weight because by round 3, your quads are so smoked. I started having troubles keeping my elbows up at the bottom position, which resulted in a deflated chest, and lots of broken up reps, into two or three sets. I even managed to lose the bar on a transition squat clean and fell completely on my butt. That’s how ya know you’re pushing it.
- There was a cool transition the coaches recommended- at hang power clean 11, just squat clean it. That way you get rid of the 12th rep and the 1st front squat rep in one go. Two birds, one stone. Genius.
- My butt and lower back are happily fried.
Excited about tonight… have a great Monday!